September 18, 2009

It has been a while...

...since I've posted to the blog. My younger son moved here to join us in North Carolina while attending a local community college, and I've been relishing his more permanent presence. But I'm wanting to alert our readers to a happy development:

I learned a few weeks ago that an essay related to home funerals that I had submitted on speculation months ago to the Christian Century will indeed be published in the October 6 issue. The Christian Century is considered by many to be the flagship magazine of mainline Protestantism in America. My essay barely mentions Undertaken With Love, but encourages religious leaders and faith communities to view the home funeral and natural burial movements as opportunities for the Church to sanction simpler, less commercial funeral practices. Getting faith communities more involved with the home funeral movement is one of my dearest aims.Best to all....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment.